Remember the one-percent rule of the Internet? It goes like this: Only 1% of users of a website actively create new content, while the other 99% only view it.
Well, not anymore.
In today’s social, mobile Web world, everyone is a creator. It’s called user-generated content (UGC). And it’s kind of a big deal.
Infographics are a marketer’s best friend. They deliver information in a visually appealing format that’s easy to consume—and easy to share. So, how on earth do we take one of the most effective forms of content available and make it better? We make it interactive.
But don’t just take my word for it. Check out this infographic on the power of infographics. While its interactive elements are subtle, its story is strong:
What device are you reading this on? A desktop? Your laptop, maybe? Or perhaps you’re on a tablet or smartphone? Here’s why I ask: As marketers, we can create the most compelling content in the history of the universe, but we can’t control how users will actually access it. That’s why it’s more important than ever before to make certain our content can respond across every platform, device, and browser.
As a modern marketer, I’m always ready to talk trends. Being able to adapt and ride the next big waves in social media (like Periscope and Snapchat) is what helps me stay at the top of my game. I’m sure you feel the same way. So, here are a few things I’ve read about recently that are certainly worth keeping an eye on in 2016…